- Message from VP Life Coach Andrea Writt: “Rest and Persist”
- Powerful 5 minute meditation to allow stillness before approaching this work
- The statement Botham Jean’s brother, Brandt Jean, gave to the court and to the Police Officer who shot and killed his brother.
- Documentary: “13th” (on Netflix)
- The Hate U Give (produced from the book by the same name, by Angie Thomas)
PERSONAL REFLECTION JOURNAL PROMPT FOR THIS WEEK’S HIKE:
- Set a timer for 2 minutes and write, without editing, your response to this question; “what breaks your heart the most about the racial discrimination in our country?”
- This practice will help you get clear on your personal motivation to ACTIVELY PURSUE this work . Clarity of purpose will give you the grit you need when you are faced with adversity you feel like giving up.
- A Letter to America from General Robert Neller, Retired in 2019; the 37th Commandant to the Marine Corps on the necessity for action in this time.
- White-Privilege_McIntosh-1989 (1)
- How-to-Have-Hard-Conversations-Guide (1)
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Sa-Roc: Tiny Desk (Home) Concert
- Dax: “Black Lives Matter”
- Joyner Lucas: “I’m not Racist”
- Beautiful Chorus: “I Rise Up” and “Inner Peace”
- The OnBeing Podcast with Imani Perry, the author of “Breathe: A Letter to My Sons”. A beautifully moving conversation where she speaks about the experience of raising black sons in the United States.
- Podcast series that dives deep into the resurfacing of old truths about racism in America
- Put love into action and join us in movement. Hike at least 1 mile this weekend.
- Chose a powerful word or phrase to write on your hand or wrist as a reminder of your “WHY”
- Take a photo of some of the things you’re learning, putting into action, and doing to share throughout the VP community to inspire others to take action as well.
Karen M. Dunn says
This is terrific! It is extremely difficult for black/brown moms to raise their children in this environment and you have provided many ways for your companions to help change that perspective and make all lives better!!