- Message from VP Life Coach Andrea Writt: “Rest and Persist”
- Powerful 5 minute meditation to allow stillness before approaching this work
- The statement Botham Jean’s brother, Brandt Jean, gave to the court and to the Police Officer who shot and killed his brother.
- Documentary: “13th” (on Netflix)
- The Hate U Give (produced from the book by the same name, by Angie Thomas)
PERSONAL REFLECTION JOURNAL PROMPT FOR THIS WEEK’S HIKE:
- Set a timer for 2 minutes and write, without editing, your response to this question; “what breaks your heart the most about the racial discrimination in our country?”
- This practice will help you get clear on your personal motivation to ACTIVELY PURSUE this work . Clarity of purpose will give you the grit you need when you are faced with adversity you feel like giving up.
- A Letter to America from General Robert Neller, Retired in 2019; the 37th Commandant to the Marine Corps on the necessity for action in this time.
- White-Privilege_McIntosh-1989 (1)
- How-to-Have-Hard-Conversations-Guide (1)
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Put love into action and join us in movement. Hike at least 1 mile this weekend.
- Chose a powerful word or phrase to write on your hand or wrist as a reminder of your “WHY”
- Take a photo of some of the things you’re learning, putting into action, and doing to share throughout the VP community to inspire others to take action as well.