- Message from VP Strength and Conditioning Coach Amanda Hardeman (week 3)
- Message from Coach Dawn Fletcher of MentalityWOD (week 4)
- For All My Multi-Racial & Bi-Racial Family, [ Where Do We Fit? ] Black Lives Matter
PERSONAL REFLECTION JOURNAL PROMPT FOR THIS WEEK’S HIKE:
- When have you heard a racist joke or slur and not stood up?
- How could you treat the conversation or situation differently in the future?
- Biracial in the Time of Black Lives Matter
- “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” Maya Angelou – Anything and everything by her; Her life-changing autobiographical series beginning with
- Audre Lorde – A self-described “black, lesbian, mother, warrior, poet”. I’d start here, read & listen to her read “Uses of the Erotic”
- Author Pierre Jeanty: author & poet; ALL of his work (check it out here)
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Put love into action and join us in movement. Hike at least 1 mile this weekend.
- Chose a powerful word or phrase to write on your hand or wrist as a reminder of your “WHY”
- Take a photo of some of the things you’re learning, putting into action, and doing to share throughout the VP community to inspire others to take action as well.